In this episode of Kunes Car Convos...
- 01:30 - What kind of treats can you find at Pastries by Chad every day?
- 09:38 - Did someone say Food Trucks?
- 12:10 - Cheers to macaroons from Pastries by Chad!
- 15:41 - New this year: Axe Throwing!
- 19:13 - SURPRISE!
As the vibrant colors of autumn settle in, Megan Swaney, Marketing Manager at Kunes Auto Group, and Kate Abbe, from Elkhorn Area Chamber of Commerce, are here to give you the lowdown on Elkhorn's biggest bash: The 18th Annual Oktoberfest!
A Special Mention
Before we zoom around in our sleek 2024 RAM 1500 Laramie, let's make a pit stop at Pastries by Chad on Elkhorn Square. This delightful bakery’s location, previously known as the Elkhorn Pastry Shop, boasts a legacy of over 60 years! Alongside his own creations, Chad continues to serve the mouth-watering pastries we all adored from the Kaplan family, who previously owned the bakery. Stop in for a sweet treat during Oktoberfest!
When and Where to Join the Fun
Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
Place: Downtown Elkhorn - Veterans Park, 100 W. Walworth St., Elkhorn, WI 53121
Highlights of Oktoberfest 2023
- Kick things off with a 5K Walk/Run at 9:30 AM.
- Marvel at the beauties on wheels at the All-Day Car Show.
- Wander and sip with Beer & Wine Tasting from 11 AM-5 PM.
- Show off your skills with the Cornhole Tournament at 1:30 PM and Axe Throwing throughout the day.
- Revel in the strength of the Stein Hoisting Competitions at 1:00 PM.
- Jam out to Live Music all day long!
What's Brewing at Oktoberfest?
- Experience local brews like Topsy Turvy from Lake Geneva and Duesterbeck's Brewery from Elkhorn.
- Enjoy family fun at Family Land, sponsored in part by Kunes Auto Group of Elkhorn, WI. St. John’s church volunteers will keep the kids entertained with inflatables and games.
- Shop from over 100 crafters showcasing unique items like peanut butter bacon brittle, cribbage boards, and handcrafted jewelry.
Munchies and Melodies
Treat your taste buds to diverse delicacies like polish sausages, macaroons, and much more! As for the tunes, groove to the beats of D’lite Duo from 11 AM-1 PM and Big Al Wetzel Band from 2 PM-5 PM.
Joining the Festivities
- No entry fee! It's a FREE event.
- For the 5K, register at 5kevents.org
- The car show welcomes all with a suggested $5 donation supporting the Elkhorn Food Pantry.
A Look Ahead
Stay tuned for the Christmas Kickoff Celebration from Dec 1st - 3rd. And before we sign off, here's an Oktoberfest teaser: Try the new pretzel snack necklaces you can purchase at the beer tents. Trust us; you won't be disappointed!
So, mark your calendars and get ready to celebrate the spirit of Elkhorn with us. See you there!